Our Commitment to Privacy
We collect two types of information:
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize request information, register for a CNF program/event/grant/scholarship/award, register for out newsletter, or donate, for example, we may collect the following personal information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry. Such personal information may be collected in the following contexts:
If you register to participate in a CNF event or program, we may ask if you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address or information about your connection and involvement in the child neurology community. This information is useful for event and program development purposes.
Donations or Orders:
If you choose to donate to the CNF, standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) is collected through a third-party payer, Blackbaud Merchant Services. Blackbaud Merchant Services security is described in the following external hyperlink. If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution.
We collect information volunteered by users. If you submit an online request for information, submit a question through a “contact us” query, via the Family Support & Empowerment Program (FSEP) form, via [email protected], directly to CNF staff, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
Survey and Application Submissions:
We collect information volunteered by users. If you submit an online response to a CNF developed survey or application for grant, scholarship or award, information requested will vary upon necessity, but often includes name, email address, telephone number, and address. Additional information may be requested to assess service and quality improvement, individual or community need, applicability to program/service and/or review for limited grant, scholarship or award issuance.
If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, or another public forum that we make available to our users on our website or on social media, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
Indirect Collection – Analytics:
Protected Health Information:
CNF does not collect via the website “protected health information” as defined by the regulations issued under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Web site and paper forms to the following:
- If you do not make a service request, donation, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our Web site to improve our Web site and our service to you.
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including neurologic related health news or information, CNF programs, events and services.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to CNF.
- Connect you upon specific voluntary request to a Peer Support Specialist via the Family Support and Empowerment Program (FSEP).
- Connect you upon voluntary request to a CNF staff or contracted representative to request additional information.
- Notify you of scholarship, grant or award status upon voluntary application survey or submission.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email or otherwise provide their email address to us. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate CNF department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
If you are under the age of 18, you may not directly participate in online CNF programs and should not provide information to this website without the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian. Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13 years, and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. While the Family Support & Empowerment Program (FSEP) and certain grant opportunities do offer opportunity for parents, guardians and caregivers to share information related to those in their care voluntarily, we do not collect or use the information for other purposes than to provide and optimize services.
Your personal information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with CNF as indicated below:
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- We collaborate with the Child Neurology Society (CNS) to host a review committee for selection research grantees. We only provide information necessary to review and grade research grant application and prohibit additional use of that information for any other purpose.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you, or you may wish not to be contact at all, and therefore we offer the following options:
- Please remove me from your contact list.
- Please do not contact me with solicitations for donations to CNF.
- Please indicate which contact methods CNF may use:
- Do not share my information outside the CNF
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please contact us at “Contact Us.” If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner; regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using “Contact Us.”
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. Please contact us by email at [email protected], or in writing at:
Security and Privacy Requests
Child Neurology Foundation
PO Box 34066
Lexington, KY 40588
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
CNF does not store financial data such as credit card information. We process your financial transactions securely using a third-party payer, Blackbaud Merchant Services.
Inside CNF, non-financial data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff is educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Web site is invulnerable to all security breaks. CNF makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Web site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever CNF permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices CNF constituents have made under this Policy, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While CNF will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
European Union (EU) Residents and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The CNF and websites are based in the United States (US). Regardless of where the website is accessed, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the US.
The GDPR provides you with certain privacy rights. You have the right to object our processing that is based on legitimate interests or lodge a complaint if you believe CNF has infringed your rights under GDPR by connecting with us via “Contact Us”. If you would like to access or update your personal information, please reach out to us at “Contact Us” with specific requests regarding your personal information. You may also request that your personal information be deleted, however we may retain information for backups, prevention of fraud and abuse, satisfaction of legal obligations, or other ongoing legitimate interests. You may also decline to share certain personal data, which may limit the benefits and features offered by CNF and the CNF website.
This website may contain links to other sites. We do not disclose personably identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those web sites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
Security and Privacy Requests
Child Neurology Foundation
201 Chicago Avenue #200
Minneapolis, MN 55415
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time without notice.