Listen to the new CNF podcast “Transitioning from pediatric to child healthcare with telehealth” below.
In this audio segment, we hear from two neurologists with different perspectives: Christine Baca is an adult epileptologist at the University of Colorado and Nassim Zecavati is a pediatric neurologist and epileptologist at Virginia Commonwealth University where she also serves as the Director of Epilepsy at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond.
Reimbursement for Transition
Got Transition and the American Academy of Pediatrics released a new 2020 Transition Coding and Reimbursement Tip Sheet to support the delivery of recommended transition services in pediatric and adult primary and specialty care settings. The new tip sheet includes a list of updated transition-related CPT codes, including the new code for transition readiness assessment, and current Medicare fees and RVUs for these services. It also includes a new set of eight clinical vignettes with recommended CPT and ICD-10 codes.
Got Transition’s Six Core Elements of Transition
The 8 Common Principles of Transition of Care are:
- Expectation of Transition
- Yearly Self-Management Assessment
- Annual Discussion of Medical Condition and Age-Appropriate Concerns
- Evaluation of Legal Competency
- Annual Review of Transition Plan of Care
- Child Neurology Team Responsibilities
- Identification of Adult Provider
- Transfer Complete
Click below to find out more about these steps and to find downloadable tools for you and your patients to guide your conversations about their transition of care.
Each tool is available individually in English:
- Transition Package Cover Page
- Transitions Checklist
- Self-Care Assessment (Parents/Caregivers)
- Self-Care Assessment (Youth/Young Adults)
- Plan of Care
- Medical Summary
Or download a copy of the full Transition of Care Toolkit here.
- Paquete de las Transiciones
- Lista de Control de las Transiciones
- Evaluación del Cuidado Personal Padres/Cuidadores
- Evaluación del Cuidado Personal Menores/Adultos Jóvenes
- Plan de Cuidado
- Resumen Médico
Or download a copy of the full Spanish version of the Transition of Care Toolkit here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]