Register For Our Upcoming Webinars:
Join the CNF webinar on Thursday, July 29th at 1 p.m. ET to learn more about “Getting a Neurologic Diagnosis for a Newborn: Managing Challenges and Finding a Path Forward.” You’ll hear from Dr. Sonika Agarwal, MBBS, MD, a fetal and neonatal neurologist, and Dr. Di (Lisa) Yan, MD, whose child received a diagnosis shortly after birth.
In this webinar, you will:
– Learn what neonatal neurology is and why getting a neurologic diagnosis for a newborn is important
– Hear from a parent of a child who received a diagnosis in the NICU and how she navigated the experience
– Gain insights for managing care in partnership with an NICU care team for your child
Newborn screening is a crucial test at birth that looks for genetic and metabolic conditions that can affect a child’s long-term health.
But what does the test look for? And what should you do if you receive an abnormal or out-of-range result?
Join us live on Wednesday, August 4 at 2 p.m. ET where we’ll hear first from Marianna Raia, MS, CGC, Associate Director of Programs at Expecting Health and the program manager for the HRSA funded Newborn Screening Family Education Program, about newborn screening and what to expect. Amy White, MS, CGC with Mayo Clinic, and parent Stephanie Mustin will then share their experiences and advice for families coping with an early diagnosis.
You will learn:
· What a newborn screening is and the basic terminology
· How early detection can help a child reach their full potential
· Tips for families that receive an early diagnosis